I feel like such a delinquent! I’ve received a few awards of late, but aside from thanking the senders, I’ve done little else. I am sorry for this slip, but assure you it’s not actually an over-sight. Wrapping-up Homeschool and finishing the last of our lessons was my main distraction. I will, however, endeavour to pay proper respect this coming weekend. Thank you for your infinite patience. ♥
Last week I was nominated for two super-awesome blogging awards, by two of the super-awesomest blogging Mamas I’ve ever had the pleasure of “meeting” and reading. I’m gobsmacked, and it’s not very often I have trouble coming up with words… I’ve even resorted to making them up!
I thought I was just super-random... *happy dancing*
Thank you Laments and Lullabies and Meizac for the Inspiring Blogger and Versatile Blogger Awards. You ladies managed to bring me to (happy) tears, render me speechless, and fill me with the warmest of fuzzies. Thank you
from the bottom of my little, black heart so much!
Roberto Benigni's double-Oscar win, 1997
Photo courtesy of Google
Once again, I feel like Roberto Benigni… I want to kiss everybody!
There are rules to these awards, and I’m happy to oblige:
1. Thank the award givers and link back: Laments and Lullabies and Meizac, Thank you! *squishy hugs*
2. Share 7 things about myself. Squeep!
- I used to live in São José dos Campos, São Paulo, Brasil. I learned Portuguese by
submersion immersion. The only words I knew were: yes, no, and I love you. Terrible words for a young girl to know in a South American country. I still speak some, but not as well as I did when I was there and going to school.
- I had a purple and blue mohawk in High School.
- My nickname in High School was “Mouldylocks.”
- I wear a studded-belt and the buckle says: “DORK.”
- I used to only wear Doc Martens, but since becoming Vegan I only wear Converse. They are black and yellow, like Wolverine.
- My favorite X-man is Wolverine.
- I have a minimalist wardrobe: jeans; t-shirt; black, cotton cardigan; studded-belt; fuzzy socks. Simple.
3. Pass it on to 15 bloggers. Now is the fun part! *happy dancing* Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
- Sophie’s Foodie Files – Versatile ~ The photos are gorgeous, and her passion for life and food is absolutely wonderful.
- An Unrefined Vegan – Versatile and Inspiring ~ Love! I am in awe of this wonderful woman, she has so much joie de vivre and wisdom. Her words, her recipes… I’m definitely learning lots. (I know you have these, but I love your blog!)
- La Tête de Légumes – Versatile and Inspiring ~ An unabashed love letter to food. It’ll catch your eye with the gorgeous photos of edible fare, and keep you around with the wit and conversation. Something for everyone here.
- Jiontari – Versatile and Inspiring ~ Strength was the first word that came to my mind when I found this blog; compassionate, bright, courageous, acceptance and honest quickly followed.
- Domestic Diva, M.D. – Versatile and Inspiring ~ She’s a Medical Student and still finds time to cook amazing dishes (better than Martha Stewart!).
- Robotic Rhetoric – Versatile and Inspiring ~ He writes about everything: creative writing; day-to-day life; social media; his distaste for filling-out online forms… His posts are written with honesty and humour.
- Miss Apis Mellifera – Versatile and Inspiring ~ She’s an aromatherapist, Trekker and beekeeper. Her posts are beautifully written, and her passion for good health springs from the computer screen.
- The Vegan Cookbook Aficionado – Versatile ~ A fellow-Canadian (she lives in the same province as me!), Vegan and lover-of-all-things-to-cook Vegan-wise! A feast for the eyes!
- Offmotorway – Versatile and Inspiring ~ Beautiful photography of awesome locations and sumptuous foods. My wanderlust is piqued for exploration and new foodie-fares to try.
- Homestead Emporium – Versatile and Inspiring ~ She’s a Canadian, Homeschooling Mama, and maker of the finest reusable cloth items for women. She writes with honesty, humour and passion.
- The Harvest Gypsies – Versatile and Inspiring ~ Activists for change in the current food system. This blog is written with a powerful passion and peace that leaps from the screen.
- Luminous Vegans – Versatile and Inspiring ~ Liberal, nerd, knitter, vegan… Awesomesauce! Gorgeous photos and wonderfully written.
- The Hungry Irishman – Versatile and Inspiring ~ He loves good food, good company and great tattoo art! He’s an Irishman who can cook. That’s reason enough to visit his blog. It’s real!
- Cauldrons and Cupcakes – Versatile and Inspiring ~ She’s a psychic, organic farmer, teacher, writer and lover-of-life! Her compassion and wisdom comes through like a warm, enveloping breeze. Wonderful!
- toxicvegan – Inspiring and Versatile ~ She’s sweet, quirky, smart and courageous. Gorgeous photos of her veggie-fare! She writes with honesty and humour.
That’s my Fab 15. There are so many wonderful blogs that I follow! I literally agonized over this list. My veggie-brain was already exploding! If I’ve missed you, it’s because the Fab 15 was a pretty Titanic task. I really DO love you, and devour your posts. Keep them coming. You ALL inspire me!